Toc1. What is WebTst
2. The approach
3. The tests WebTst can perform
4. Who do I contact about WebTst ?
5. A WebTst Presentation
6. WebTst Manual
7. Request for Enhancements and Bug Reports for WebTst
- Provide a tool to assist site developers in adding new features to their sites in a controled fashion.
- Provide a tool to assist site testers in making sure of the proper functioning of the site.
- Provide a tool to assist site maintainers in making sure of the proper functioning of the site.
- Provide minimal configuration/install requirements for people building the tests.
- Provide the simplest possible learning curve for people building the tests.
- Provide an extensible and configurable infrastructure to developers to allow them to either use prebuilt tests or to roll their own as needed.
- Allows users to save all their actions via their usual client browser. Minimal configuration is required to allow this. Browsing experience remains unchanged as the user records the steps in the test. Infrastructure supports:
- GET and POST methods.
- Cookie handling.
- HTTP authentication.
- Allows users to tweak the recorded tests by allowing users to:
- Change recording items parameters. This includes test types, test parameters.
- Delete recording items.
- Associate owners to tests.
- Set tests to run daily for smoke tests.
- Allows users to playback tests and check correct completion of all test items.
- Allows users to delete tests.
- Allows users to keep their own set of tests independent of other user's set of tests.
- Allows developers to build upon the out-of-the-box set of tests by hooking up their own tests to the existing ones via a well defined interface.
- ACCESS - test succeeds on access to page.
- CONTENT_PATTERN_FAIL - test fails if returned content matches a given regular expression
- CONTENT_PATTERN_SUCCESS - test succeeds if returned content matches a given regular expression
- PAGE_DIFF - test succeeds if stored returned result matches *exactly* the retrieved result
- TIME - test succeeds if time to get a result back falls within a specified range
- TITLE_SUCCESS - test succeeds if returned title matches a given regular expression
- TITLE_FAIL - test fails if returned title matches a given regular expression
- STATUS_SUCCESS - test succeeds if result status code matches regular expression
- STATUS_FAIL - test fails if result status code matches regular expression
- CUSTOM_TEST - roll your own. Provide a module to import, a sub procedure on that module and a parameter list. Tests follow a predefined interface both in input and output. Typically this includes access to response object, stored file, test parameters, username, test id. Results need to be returned as TestResult objects.